Friday, March 12, 2010

The work has been done

I arrived at 9:30am to begin the procedure. The operation started around 11:15am and concluded somewhere around 1pm. I finally left at 3:30pm. They gave me a nerv block so I really can't feel anything in my leg from the hip down to below the knee. That is suppose to last 24-30 hrs so real pain won't arrive until that point. My biggest problem was nausea and even though I was very hungry I couldn't eat anything. I'm not used to taking medicine, or pills so my stomach doesn't handle all these pills well. So far so good... I'm keeping ice on the knee and keeping it elevated as instructed. I'm getting around with crutches which was kind of hard at first because my balance was not great for awhile with all the drugs.



Admittance to the facility, the nurse is giving me the rundown of what is going to happen. She was to put the IV into me and check my vitals, etc.











They gave me some really cool clothes to wear.


















IV inserted, the fun-juice begins to flow.
















Surgery took 1hr 40minutes. I believe I took an hour before I woke up which is what I'm doing in this photo. They still have me hooked up to keep track of my vitals and so forth.


























Got myself dressed, still feeling woozy. Glad it is all done.























My Chariot.















And my ride back to Yakima where I will be hanging out for a couple weeks, or however long it takes for me to get to a point where I can drive and go up/down stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment